Friday, April 28, 2017

Wisconsin Dells

Last weekend we headed off to our annual Wisconsin Dells stay at the Wilderness Lodge with our friends, the Lindners and the Khans. We had a great time at all three of the massive indoor waterparks.  Since my kids are still pretty young, they mostly hung out in the water play areas, and Nolan enjoyed some of the smaller slides.  Livi wasn't too sure of all the noise, but really loved to splash around when the big kids came to play with her.  It was fun to see how well all of the kids (there were nine of them!) got along.  I especially loved how the older kids helped to look after our little ones.  The girls were always doting on Livi, and Cassidy was such a good big buddy to Nolan - holding his hand, playing with him, and trying to show him the ropes when he got nervous.  

We did have a bit of a scare as we were heading back to our condo on the first day.  We were all walking together in a herd, when I noticed Nolan was staring off into space, not paying any attention to where he was going.  I could see the pool up ahead, and I knew what was going to happen long before it did.  I called out his name several times, but he didn't hear me.  With his head still in the clouds, he walked straight into the pool and sunk toward the bottom.  I waited a second for him to kick and come up, but it was almost like he laid down there and was not coming up.  With my shoes, coverup, and bag in tow, I jumped into the pool and pulled my baby up from the bottom.  It took him a few minutes before he could breathe deeply again.  I, of course, was horrified that this happened, but was so grateful that I was right there and could help him.  He didn't seem overly worked up about it, but later that day he told me, "Thank you for saving me, Mommy....or should I say, my hero."  Seriously, kid.  Melt, my heart.

Aside from that scare, our trip was lots of fun.  All of the kids really enjoyed swimming and playing at the arcade, and the adults had a great time staying up late, playing a few games, and laughing together.  It's so great to have friends that our whole family can enjoy!











Jack, Meela, Cassidy, Kamryn, Lucy, Olivia, Deakon, Isaac, Nolan

No comments:

Post a Comment