Monday, June 6, 2016

Buddies

Last Friday, Isaac came to play with us for the day while Katie was helping out with a school event.  Nolan LOVES Isaac and gets so excited when he has the opportunity to play with him.  Isaac doesn't always know what to do with Nolan's extreme enthusiasm and he had a couple of pretty funny one-liners throughout the day.  We were having our snack and Isaac looked right at me and said, "My Mom says I'm a stick in the mud."  Then a few minutes later, the boys were trying to figure out what they were going to play and Nolan said (very excitedly and jumping up and down): "Isaac, do you want to play with me?"  And Isaac looked at me with a serious adult face and said, "He gets a little carried away sometimes..."  But before long, they were playing really well together and I saw the blur of Nolan running and giggling maniacally with one of Livi's fanciest headbands on, while Isaac chased after him trying to kiss him.  


We walked down to Hodag Park and the boys got to play on the playground there.  A few minutes after getting there, Isaac told me he had to go to the bathroom.  I gave him a bit of a questioning look, as he had assured me repeatedly before we left for the park that he didn't need to go and he responded with, "Well....umm....I drank a lot of spit."


When we got back home, I had the boys help me make some chocolate cookies.  They both were good helpers and rolled all the cookies into balls and smooshed them down.  They did a great job and the cookies were yummy! 




Later on, Katie brought back some yummy gyros from CT's Deli and we chowed down on those.  They were soooo good - probably the best gyro I've had in many, many years.  She showed me some tips of how to use Mom's DSLR camera for the cruise, and we got to chat and hang out.  Our whole family is grateful for the friends we've found in the Lindners, and look forward to making many more memories together!

No comments:

Post a Comment