Monday, September 4, 2017

Junkin' with Mama


Recently Mom and I were invited to Annalyse's sister's (Jenna) bridal shower over in the Twin Cities.  Since we were traveling such a long way for the event, Mom and I decided to make a weekend out of it and spend some time together checking out some cool junk shops in the area.  We really enjoyed the Minnehaha Mile, located on Minnehaha Ave in Minneapolis.  There were several shops along this stretch to check out - some with some really cool things and others that weren't really our cup of tea.  But each of us ended up with a few treasures, including a talking Hulk toy for Nolan and 1984 vintage Cabbage Patch horse for Livi that just happened to be dappled gray just like Elliot.  I also found this cool old autoharp that brought me back to my elementary music days with Mrs. Fedie, but I had to put it back when I realized it was cracked. The best part, obviously, was getting to spend some one-on-one time with my Mama.  We don't get to do that all that often, with my kiddos being so young yet, but it's always nice to get to have some kid-free conversation and laughs with her.  We'll probably have to make it a new tradition!


Weird!


No comments:

Post a Comment