Thursday, May 31, 2018

Field Trip to the Children's Museum





One of the perks of being a Stay-at-Home Mom is getting to be involved in my kid's school.  I was able to chaperone Nolan's 4K trip to the Eagle River Children's Museum this week and it was fun to spend some time playing with him and his classmates in this fun place.  Aside from playing in the many exhibits, the 4K-ers also got to do a dinosaur dig - where they donned their "sun hats", "canteen" and followed the camel through the desert to gently brush away the sand from the buried dinosaur bones.  It was so fun to see their imagination at work!  They are so cute!

Nolan's teacher, Mrs. Powell, and teacher's assistant, Ms. Yeager, are such sweet and nurturing ladies and Nolan really loved being in their classroom this year.  I love their calm and gentle demeanor, especially when dealing with seventeen rowdy 4 and 5 year olds!

While we were there, I recognized one of the other chaperones as one of the wonderful delivery room nurses that helped me and advocated for me during Nolan's intense birth.  I never got a chance to thank her after that traumatic ordeal, so I decided to go say hello.  She said she recognized my face right away, but couldn't place me.  I mentioned a few details of the birth, and she remembered right away - down to which other nurse was in the room.  It was a scary and memorable experience for everyone!  She said it meant so much to know that Nolan had turned out ok - once the baby leaves the floor, they never know how things end up, and with his traumatic and prolonged ordeal, there was a distinct  possibility of injury to him and me.  Seeing a big, strong, smart, and healthy 5 year old almost brought her to tears.  We are so grateful things turned out the way they did!

Before we knew it,  it was time to head back to the bus.  I can tell it means so much to Nolan when I get to come along on his trips.  I know he won't always feel that way, so I'm trying to soak it up now, while it lasts!  It was a fun day for the kiddos and adults alike, and was a perfect last week of school activity! Summer's coming soon!












No comments:

Post a Comment