Tuesday, September 3, 2019

First Day of School


Today is Olivia's first day of 4K. To say I miss her is an understatement, but I am excited for her to learn and grow and make new friends. She was not nervous in the least.  When I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up, she told me "a stranger." Perplexed by this, I asked her what she meant. She told me she wants to be a stranger who tells other people about God and Jesus. I was still confused, but then remembered back a few weeks ago when I went on a rant because a Jehovah's Witness came to our house and started chatting up my kids without me there, and I was not happy. She must've heard me say that I was upset that a stranger was at our house, and somehow found her life's work? Become a Jehovah's witness? Be a missionary? Or just scare little kids by talking to them without their parent? I don't know. She is a peculiar, wonderfully unique little girl and I can't wait to hear all about her first day.


Nolan was a slightly apprehensive about wanting to start the school year, mostly because he didn't want to be away from home five days a week and only home for two. Aside from that, he was confident and didn't seem nervous at all.  I am really happy with his pairing with Ms Kaster, as I think her structure and routine will be a great fit for him, and because I think she will challenge him and help him to grow.  I can't wait to see what he accomplishes!  Have a great first day, buddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment