Saturday, October 19, 2019

Twin Cities Trip - Day Two

























Our second day of our trip was spent at the Mall of America and the Aquarium.  The kids were probably most excited about this day.  We had stopped by Nickelodeon Universe a year or so ago, and they couldn't wait to make a repeat appearance.  The kids each did a couple of rides and we visited Lego Land, as well as the Disney Store.  They loved it all!

After lunch at the food court, we headed downstairs to the Aquarium entrance.  We got our passes and went to line up to start our journey through the dark tanks when all of a sudden, I realized Olivia was missing.  I remember thinking to myself, "We are NOT those people.  This does NOT happen to us!" I was terrified.  I found a security guard who called on her radio that there was a child missing.  The terror I felt was unbelievable.  After a good 5-10 minutes (felt like 3 days...) little Livi came wandering back out of the entrance, looking so brave and trying not to cry.  She had slipped into the entrance when we weren't looking and was paralyzed in there because of the darkness and loud thunder noises for the rainforest display.  She is scared of thunder.  I was so relieved that I shed a few tears.  She wouldn't let me put her down for at least 3/4 of the walk through the aquariums.  I didn't mind holding her.  I was so glad she was safe.

The fish in the tanks were beautiful and impressive.  They even had some big sharks and an amazing sawfish, who was 8-10 feet long!  The jelly fish were beautiful, and the kids got a kick out of seeing the little Nemo clownfish.  But between the trauma of losing Livi and the loud elevator style music playing on repeat in the aquarium, we were more than ready to head back to Luke and Annalyse's.

Once we got back to their house we had more fun planned!  The kids got to spend some time in the hot tub, which they absolutely loved.  After dinner, we snuggled on their deck next to the fire and made some s'mores.  It was a wonderful, action-packed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment