Friday, August 6, 2021

Ten Years


Ten years have gone by in a blink of an eye.  The details of our wedding day still seem so vivid...the overwhelming feeling of the love and support of our friends and family, the car ride with my Dad to the church, walking down the aisle with both of my parents, the sound of our wedding choir singing "I Love Thee," the beautiful song that Patrick wrote for us, when Tom almost dropped the wedding rings, our first kiss after we exited the church, the rain on the way to the country club followed by the stunning double rainbow, having our whole family greet us in fancy hats when we arrived at the club, our first dance with the jazz combo with Brigid singing "All the Things You Are," beautiful toasts that *almost* made me cry, a special dance with ALL eight of our grandparents joining us on the dance floor - we have lost half of them which makes that memory even more treasured, the brother dance off, and having the dance floor packed all night.  I remember feeling such deep love and happiness, seeing all of the people we love most sharing those special moments with us.  It was the perfect day.

The last decade has been filled with moves, career changes, and the joys and challenges of parenthood, but each day I wake up filled with that same deep love and happiness,  knowing that Eric and I will face whatever is ahead together.  He is my very best friend and I am so thankful that I get to share my life with him.  This year for our anniversary, he bought me this beautiful anniversary band. He picked it out himself and I was blown away with how beautiful it is.  

Eric, thank you for being an amazing husband, partner, and father to our children.  What a beautiful life we've shared so far. I can't wait to see what's next!  I love you!



























 

No comments:

Post a Comment