Monday, July 4, 2022

Backyard Campout















 








Fourth of July was super fun because we did a backyard campout.  This year we set up two tents so Mommy and Simon could join the fun too!  We started out with a very small 4 person tent, but when I realized I couldn't even sit up in bed, it had to go back and I came back home with a MUCH larger 10 person tent that everyone was jealous of.  We also got a new hammock, and everyone enjoyed taking their turn in it.  It is a super cozy place to read a book or take a rest.  The rest of the days we spent swimming, swinging, doing small fireworks on the driveway, having campfires, and eating plenty of good food.  It was a super fun and relaxing way to spend a beautiful weekend at home, and I treasure these special times with our sweet family of five. 








We finished our holiday weekend with the Rhinelander Parade.  It is always fun to see the floats and hear the bands playing.  Our community has a great turnout for this and it's a fun tradition to be part of.  My first Rhinelander 4th of July Parade was back before Eric and I were married and Grandma Ruby was marching with the Red Hat club...in her pink bonnet. ;) I love these family memories in our hometown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment