Thursday, March 23, 2017

School

Somewhere along the line I must've blinked, because I am now the mom of a school age kid.  We had Nolan's 4K school registration the other day, and I just can't get over how fast it has gone.  My little, round, smiley baby has grown into a big kid, and it seemed to happen overnight.  I relish his adorable way of saying his r's and his l's, ("Hi, I'm No-nan.")  and the many ways he still needs his mommy and daddy because I know it won't be too long before he won't need us in the same way.  And as sad as that is, it is just how it should be and I am so very proud of him.

I was apprehensive how my sensitive boy would do at his registration night with all the new kids, new surroundings, and new teachers.  He handled it like a pro and when the teacher called his name, he paused for only a second to give me one quick look before he confidently headed off with his teacher.  I was so proud of him.  According to him, his screening went great and his teacher apparently told him he was the "king of school." 

I'm excited for him to have the opportunity to play with other kids every day, and for his curious mind to be put to work.  When we got in the car to head home he said, "Well, I guess school isn't scary after all."  I hope that holds true for him as we get closer to the fall, but this was a great step in the right direction!



No comments:

Post a Comment