Saturday, June 24, 2017

Father's Day Weekend

Father's Day weekend was pretty action packed this year.  Stacy and Camryn came up late on Thusday night and we got to spend some time with them.  The kids played together some on Friday and we headed to Holiday Acres that night.  We haven't seen them for a few months, so it was good to catch up!




Because of the chaos of everything going on lately, I asked my parents if they would want to meet us in Wausau on Saturday to celebrate Father's Day.  We met there mid-morning and had a great time walking around the downtown area and riding the train at the Marathon County Park.  And of course, we had to introduce my parents to the amazing wonder that is Sweet Lola's Bakery.  They have the most delicious desserts I have ever eaten.  SOOO yummy!!




After lunch at the Great Dane, we headed back to Rhinelander, hoping that the kids would nap on the way home.  Of course, Nolan was out before we were even out of Wausau, but that stubborn little girl of ours stayed wide awake until about the last ten minutes of our ride... So much for naptime..

When we got home, we were able to meet up with the Orys on the boat and the kids enjoyed getting the chance to swim.  Nolan was fearless swimming with Uncle Tom...that is, until Uncle Tom bounced him one too many times and Nolan puked up Blue Moon ice cream all over him...  Didn't seem to damper his spirits for too long though.

We headed to Steve and Patti's for dinner and had a nice time visiting with everyone while the kids played outside.  It was a fun - though insanely busy- day.

I feel so very fortunate that I've been surrounded by such wonderful examples of fatherhood throughout my life.  My own Dad is a man of great integrity and is one of the hardest workers I've ever met.  He's always believed in me and because of him, I'm a woman who can hitch up her own trailer (and back it up), who can run a chop saw, riding lawn mower, and a plethora of other power tools, and have pretty good aim (though not as good as his) when it comes to throwing hay bales off the wagon.  And when I get myself into a pickle that I just can't figure out on my own, my Dad is always there to help.  He is selfless and loving and I'm very blessed to call him Dad.


I also feel so very fortunate to have such a wonderful father-in-law.  Steve is truly one-of-a-kind and his hard work, charisma, and sense of humor bring so much to our family.  He is supportive and fun, and we love him very much.



One of my greatest joys of married life has been the opportunity to watch Eric become a father.  He is devoted, loving, and selfless.  He plays games with them, and snuggles them, and listens to music with them, and the after-bath dance parties are just awesome.  He spends all of his free time taking care of our family.  Our children will never once be able to doubt how much they are loved.  Happy Father's Day, Eric.  So glad to be doing this parenting thing with you.





No comments:

Post a Comment