Saturday, June 8, 2019

Snake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



It's 6:23am.  I'm upstairs pumping.  Simon is starting to wake up and fuss, so I tell the kids to go wake up Daddy from downstairs so he can help me.  They tromp down the stairs and moments later I hear 2 blood curdling screams, followed by Olivia bursting into tears.  The kids run upstairs.

Nolan: "Mom, there's a snake downstairs."
Me: "No, there's not."
Nolan: "Yes, there really is."
Me: "A real one? No there's not."
Nolan: "Mom, I'm serious."
Me: "There's a real snake downstairs?"
Nolan: "Yes, it moved when Livi touched it.  I'm serious."
Me: *trying to stay calm as I call Eric on his cellphone*

Me: "The kids said there's a snake downstairs..."
Eric: *voice 3 octaves higher than normal* "Yup! There is."
Me: "What are we going to do?"
Eric: "I'm going to try to be brave."
Me: "Should I call your dad?"
Eric: "No."
Me: "How about Isaac?  He loves these things."
Eric: "Yes. Call him now."

So, I text Katie to make sure she's up: Snake in the house!!!!!!!! Can Isaac come get it?

She says he'll be right over.  She woke him up and he took off running for our house, more excited than he would be on Christmas morning.  He remembered he had to pee once he got outside, so he just peed in the grass on the way.  When he got here, I gave him strict instructions to take that thing directly outside, without showing me or the kids or doing anything fancy.  Get that thing outta here!

He went downstairs where my poor husband was being held captive behind the bookshelf, and narrating like Steve Irwin, he grabbed it.  By this point, Cassidy had come to help, and the two of them carried the noodly beast out while I hid in the Master bathroom with my baby.

Turns out it was a red bellied snake that only grow to about 8-10 inches in length and are really common around these parts.  We have no idea how it got in, but hope to God we don't have another one.  Isaac and Cassidy are forever my heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment