Thursday, August 27, 2020

Snake!!!



 After seeing WAY too many snakes this spring, I put snake repellent all around the house and hadn't seen one since.  I was lulled into a false sense of security.  Today my worst fear came through.  I was sorting some clothes there were on the floor of my basement and picked up a shirt to fold it over the bed.  I shook it out and out fell a snake.  I absolutely couldn't believe it.  I stayed irrationally calm, grabbed the baby, and headed upstairs to find my knight in shining armor, Isaac.  I called for him to come quick and gave it instructions that there was a snake on my bed in the basement and he needed to get it out as quickly as possible, not drop it somewhere else in the house, and not bring it too close to me.  He retrieved the little red-bellied snake and brought it outside.  I admit that it is teeny, but NO ONE wants to have a living creature (especially a snake) pop out of a hiding place in their house.  It was out of a nightmare.  We think they could be getting in through the fireplace vent, so we'll be looking into that to hope this never, EVER happens again!

No comments:

Post a Comment