Sunday, March 27, 2016

Milestones!

Before my very eyes, Livi seems to have changed from a helpless little infant into a big girl with an adorable personality and places to go!  She has been rolling around as her primary mode of mobility for the past several weeks, but this past week has made the great leap into crawling!  She is able to get herself all over the place, and really seems to particularly enjoy heading to the shoe pile by the front door, and checking out all of the shoes.  Hoping this isn't an indicator already of a shoe fetish...! 


She has also started pulling up on the side of her crib.  She is so proud of herself and she's just so cute, especially big grin with her 3 new teeth on the top.




She also started saying some words this week!  She has said "dada" several times as captured on this video.  (Ignore my screaming at Nolan in the background...parenting is not always pretty!)  She's also said "mama" a couple of times, and just started waving at me, too!  



It's so bittersweet watching my children go through these milestones.  It is so exciting to see them grow, change, and achieve new things.  But when I look at Nolan now, so big and strong and smart and funny, I can hardly remember the little infant that he once was.  And with all of these changes with Livi, she's well on her way to the end of her infancy and into toddlerhood.  It happens so fast and is wonderful, but sad too.  It's like that 90s songs "Closing Time" - Every new beginning is some other beginning's end...(Yes, I know I'm nerdy.)  But here's to my children's constant new beginnings and the amazing privilege I get to be home with them, soaking all this in!  

No comments:

Post a Comment