Friday, March 11, 2016

Nursery Re-do

At the beginning of February, Rhinelander got a Hobby Lobby.  This might not seem like a big deal to most, but for a crafter like me to finally have a craft store that's not an hour away is amazing!  When I went there the first time, there were so many adorable things and great fabrics, that I just couldn't resist doing a little nursery decor update for Livi.  

It was really fun to start sewing again - I haven't done much in the past year, but I could tell how much I've improved since I first started around when Nolan was born.  The things that felt so clumsy early on, like pinning, keeping the tension right, threading the machine, etc. felt like second nature and I was really proud with how the curtains turned out.  I finished them in two afternoons and did the pennant banner out of coordinating fabrics as well.

I still want to make a crib skirt and do a few more updates with the stuff on the walls, but it's getting there...and it was fun!

1 comment: