Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day

Here's to strong women.
May we know them.
May we be them.
May we raise them.

I am fortunate.  I am fortunate to a be a product of strong, capable, independent, loving, fierce, devoted, and generous women.  My mother and grandmothers have instilled in me a belief that I can accomplish anything.  By their example, I have learned how to work hard, handle adversity with grace, and be a loving mother and wife.  I got to spend the past weekend with my Mom, Grandma Edie, and Grandma D.  As I looked at the 4 generations gathered together, I was moved.  It was beautiful to see my grandmothers, spunky as ever, and my mom, positively glowing, enjoy snuggling my precious little Olivia.  I know that she will be strong, and capable, and loving as she grows because she has generations of strength behind her.   And that is the best Mother's Day gift of all.  (Except for maybe my chop saw...)







No comments:

Post a Comment