Monday, May 9, 2016

Weekend in Eau Claire

This past weekend, I took the kids to Eau Claire to visit my parents.  Eric was out of town on a business trip to Vermont, so I thought it would be nice to spend some time there, and get some help with the kiddos.  Our weekend was jam-packed!  We went shopping, went out to eat, rode horse, and saw all the great-grandparents.  


While Mom, Livi and I attended a baby shower for my cousin, Jenna, Nolan and Grandpa Jim headed to Uncle Chris' farm to see the calves and the baby kittens.  Unsurprisingly, Nolan was afraid of the calves because they were too noisy.  But, the kitties were a major, major hit.  



He really wanted to bring one home!  Here is the video of Nolan trying to find the mother cat:  (No kittens were permanently harmed in the making of this video.)





Later that evening, Nolan got to have his first ever campfire.  He worked diligently with Grandpa Jim, collecting sticks out of the woods and breaking them into smaller pieces for kindling.  We told him to stop and sit for a minute, but he said, "No, I have a job to do!" and kept working.  I guess he's got a little Great Grandpa Frank in him after all...!





After building a nice fire and counting the stars on the beautiful, clear night, Nolan made his first s'more.  As expected, it was a hit!



We had a wonderful time and made lots of sweet memories together over the course of the weekend.  My kids both adore their grandparents and it is so fun for me to see my parents in that role.  



No comments:

Post a Comment