Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sweden

Last night Eric and Steve returned from a week long trip to Rottne in Sweden.  There was a international distributors meeting at which Eric would be presenting, and meetings/training with several of the Rottne executives.  As expected, Eric nailed his presentation and did a wonderful job representing US Forestry Distribution.



While they were at the factory, Rottne unveiled a brand new prototype for their F11 Forwarder.  They toasted in Swedish and had celebratory champagne!


Of course the trip wasn't without its bumps.  While Eric was packing before he left, I suggested he leave his Star Wars and Nintendo shirts at home and take something more professional for his trip. I also suggested he put his basic toiletries in his carry on.  However,  he "fuffed" at me and so I let it go.  It was no surprise when Eric arrived in Sweden and he told me that his luggage was lost.  This meant that until his luggage was found, he would have to choose between his Star Wars X Wing t-shirt or his Nintendo "Keep it Classic" t-shirt - the only clothes he had with him in his carry-on. So, my husband "Kept it classic" and met the president of Rottne in his Nintendo shirt.  So proud.



Despite the luggage blunder, I know that Eric did a great job representing the company and even had the opportunity to speak German with some natives, which was pretty exciting for him.  I'm proud of him and am sure he'll be going back, hopefully next time with me in tow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment