Sunday, January 8, 2017

New Year

Hooray!  I'm feeling pretty proud of myself!  I made it a whole year keeping up with my blog, and I'm so glad I did it!  All of these memories and pictures will be going into a book that will hopefully be a special keepsake of our family's story.  Right now it is 310 pages!  I showed Nolan my draft on it on the computer the other day, and he absolutely loved it.

Our family has been spending the first week of January getting back on track with our normal routine.  After being gone so much during our Christmas marathon, it really takes some time to get unpacked, new toys and Christmas decorations put away, and caught up on the daily grind of errands, cleaning, and all the busyness of our every day lives.  Nolan has struggled a bit getting back into his routine, and his restlessness and mouthiness have been a bit frustrating.  He did so well during the holidays, with all of our travel and unpredictability.  Here's to hoping that a few more days of stability will help our sensitive guy with this transition.  Livi, too, has been pushing some buttons and has been not very interested in going to bed on time (staying up til 9 some nights!), leaving an exhausted mommy and daddy!  I'm sure the cabin fever we all have from the cold, cold weather isn't helping any of these things!

But, we count our many blessings at the beginning of a new year.  We have each other; we are healthy; we are loved, supported, and fulfilled.  That's about as good as anyone could ask for!  Cheers to blessed 2017 and lots more memories to be made!

No comments:

Post a Comment