Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Week 8: A Day in the Life

3:01am - Nolan wakes and comes to get me.  I need to sit with him until he falls back to sleep.
3:47am - Thankfully he went down easily, so I was able to get back to sleep relatively quickly.
4:57am - Nolan up and came in my room.  I tell him to crawl in bed with me to try to catch a little more sleep.
6:00am - Nolan up for good this time.  Dog is howling, so I let him out.
6:03am - Time for a quick shower
6:15am - The dog is barking, so time to let him back in.
6:17am - Get dressed.
6:29am - Livi wakes up.
6:31am - I make breakfast for the kids - peanut butter & honey sandwiches, strawberries, and yogurt for Livi
6:41am - The kids eat their breakfast while I make Nolan's lunch for school - cheese, turkey, crackers, pears, and a leftover valentine cookie.
6:52am - Get both kids dressed.
6:57am - Get both kids' teeth brushed.
6:59am - Give the dog his meds - he takes a probiotic and an anti-anxiety medication
7:00am - Gather garbage for garbage day.
7:02am - Get Nolan's crazy bedhead hair fixed
7:10am - Start the van and take garbage and recycling to curb. Realize that I should have dried my hair before going outside - it froze!
7:15am - Kids get their winter gear on.
7:20am - Drive down to the bus stop.
7:25am - Nolan gets on bus.
7:30am - We're back home and things are slightly less chaotic for a minute.  I turn on Mickey Mouse for Livi while I make breakfast for myself - scrambled eggs with zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, asparagus, and cheddar cheese
7:45am - I eat breakfast.
8:00am - Finish getting ready - hair, makeup, brush teeth.
8:15am - Get Livi bundled up in her winter gear.
8:30am - Arrive at Dr Slette's office for Olivia's 2.5 year old check up.  She's pretty shy at first and was not excited to stand on the scale or get measured.  The nurse said she wanted to see how big she was and she promptly and angrily answered back, "I'M SMALLLL!" She's not wrong - measured in the 90 percentile for height, but the 12th percentile for weight.  Everything looks healthy!
9:15am - Head to Walmart to look for some new shoes for Nolan (size 1)
9:50am - Stop at Dollar Store for some storage bins
10:10am - Check out Hobby Lobby clearance
10:30am - A Coffee Beans treat for Livi and Mommy - white chocolate mocha for Mom and a chocolate cake donut for Liv
10:50am - Home, unload van, fill van with windshield washer fluid, put on Bubble Guppies for Livi. Get linen closet organized with Dollar Store bins for sheets.


11:05am - Feed and water Miles
11:10am - Make lunch for Livi - cheese, crackers, oranges, and applesauce
11:14am - Change her diaper.
11:20am - Lunchtime for Livi.
11:34am - Start unloading dishwasher.
11:37am - Livi's covered in applesauce - wipe her down and change her clothes.  Then it's time for her nap. I read her Little Blue Truck and That's Not My Reindeer which are two of her current favorites.
11:48am - Resume unloading dishwasher and reload with dirty dishes


11:58am - Start load of laundry
12:01pm  - Thaw out fish for dinner
12:02pm - It's lunchtime for me - leftover chicken taco soup
12:15pm - Quick wipe down of main bathroom. Sweep kitchen and dining room.
12:30pm - Start next load of laundry.
12:32pm - Time to sit for a few minutes - Lego Star Wars has been my favorite treat lately!
1:30pm - Livi wakes up from her nap
1:45pm - Eric calls - he's in Oregon this week for a logging show.
1:58pm - Finished Olivia's 800th book in her 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program!
2:00pm - Fold laundry.
2:15pm - Clean master bathroom.
2:50pm - Dust upper and lower levels.
3:20pm - Get Livi bundled up and head to the bus stop.
3:29pm - Nolan gets off the bus.
3:40pm - Sort through school paperwork and make snacks for the kids.
4:00pm - Sort through master bedroom clutter and put clothes away.
4:30pm - The kids have been interested in cooking lately and Nolan especially likes to help make dinner.  We decide to tackle the oven fries recipe in his new cookbook.  Livi helps, too.



5:00pm - Make fish and peas.
5:30pm - Livi leads our prayers and we eat supper.
6:00pm - Olivia's bath.  Nolan really wanted to help and got her hair wet and everything.
6:20pm - Nolan's bath
6:30pm - All screens off for reading time. We read Press Here, What a Wonderful World, Steam Train Dream Train Colors, And the Cow Said, and Are you Ready to Play Outside. Nolan read Pete the Cat Plays Ball, too.
7:05pm -  Time for Livi to go to bed. I read her Moo Baa La La La and Mouse's Valentine.
7:10pm - Nolan's bedtime - we read Mix it Up and he listens to Okee Dokee brothers until he falls asleep.
7:25pm - He's asleep so I call Mom and Dad to check in.
8:30pm - Time to relax! Sit down and watch ER - I've been re-watching the series lately.
9:00pm - Patti calls to check in.
9:45pm - Let the dog out and get ready for bed.
10:00pm - My bedtime - watch Friends until I drift off.
5:02am - Nolan wakes with croup - phone call to Nurse direct and doctor's appointment scheduled - I'm guessing today is going to be a LOOONNG day!






No comments:

Post a Comment