Thursday, March 1, 2018

Wausau Day

A few times a  year, Patti and I take the kids on a Day trip down to Wausau.  Usually one of us has a hair or doctor appointment and we take advantage of the opportunity to do some shopping and just get out of town for a bit.  My kids love it!  This time it was my turn for a haircut - at 8:15am!  We left the house before 7, which was quite a feat considering Eric was gone for work and I had to go it alone.  Unfortunately the weather was not on our side, and the roads were barely plowed for the snowstorm the  night before.  We didn't make it to my appointment on time, but were close...and Tammie graciously accommodated us anyway.  She gave me a fun new 'do' and managed to do it in record time!


After my haircut, we headed to Target - which is one of everybody's favorite stops.  The kids love the popcorn they get to eat in the cart, as well as perusing the toy aisle.  It's pretty much heaven on earth for them!  They each got to pick out one special toy courtesy of Grandma.  Nolan picked out a Lego Star Wars set and Livi picked a Rapunzel dress.  I was even lucky enough to find a few new tops on clearance! Patti and I always seem to have a Target "time-warp" and can't quite figure out where the time goes when we're in there.  Somehow we managed to spend 2 and a half hours in the store that morning, even though it felt like no time at all.  Crazy!



After our shopping, we headed to our favorite lunch spot, Becca's.  Nolan absolutely loves going there (I must admit that they have some pretty delicious sandwiches) and he will not even entertain the idea of going anywhere else for lunch.  We enjoyed our lunch and made a quick stop at TJ Maxx (PJ Masks according to the kids) and headed back to Rhinelander.  The kids were passed out within 5 minutes of being on the road.  It was a good day.







No comments:

Post a Comment