Saturday, March 31, 2018

Week 12: Home

The other day while I was perusing Facebook, I saw a DIY tutorial on how to update your countertops with contact paper.  Obviously, this isn't a permanent long term solution, but it could certainly buy some time while we save up for a higher end fix.  The blogger said that hers had held up beautifully, even two years later, so with nothing to lose but that Pepto Bismol colored countertop, I decided to purchase some of  the "granite" contact paper and give it a go.  

It adhered beautifully, but I quickly realized I should've ordered an extra roll.  Despite my scrimping and strategic placing, I did have quite enough to get the whole job done.  But, I'm so happy with how it is turning out!  It really makes a difference in that bathroom - and for less than $25!   Of course, once the DIY snowball starts rolling, it gets hard to stop.  I decided to tackle the wallpaper removal in that bathroom later that afternoon.  I hit the jackpot and the paper came off pretty easily, especially with the addition of some warm water and vinegar.  Up next will be a fresh coat of paint and likely a frame for the bathroom mirror.  I'm also hoping I'll be able to find some creative towel hooks when I go to Junk Bonanza with Mom next weekend.  It's fun to see things start to take shape!






No comments:

Post a Comment