Monday, September 17, 2018

ER #2

Well, we've definitely seen enough of the hospital lately...I just spent the whole day in the Emergency Room!  All day yesterday, I felt really run down and had low energy.  My appetite wasn't normal and I just didn't feel good.  To top it off, I had some spotting, which was upsetting to me so early in my pregnancy.  About 4am, I woke up and was unable to get back to sleep.  I kept feeling like I needed to pee, even though I had just gone.  I got Nolan on the bus for school, and headed back home for breakfast when all of a sudden I had a sharp super intense pain on the right side of my back.  It was so painful and intense, but I got in the shower to see if maybe the heat would help.  I ended up getting really nauseous and collapsed onto my bed.  The pain was getting worse and worse and I was getting really scared.  My first thought was that I was losing the baby.  I called my OB, but there was no one available to talk to me.  I gave them an urgent message and told them to call me back as soon as possible.  In the meantime, I called Eric and told him to come home from work right away. There was no way I could drive myself to the hospital.  I called Patti next, and asked her to come to watch Livi so Eric could take me to the hospital.  The ten minutes it took for Eric to get here seemed like weeks.  I crawled from my bed to the bathroom floor and threw up.  And then I just laid there in terrible pain, waiting for him to get here to help me.  By the time we got to the ER my pain had virtually stopped.  I felt pretty much fine, but was still really freaked out about what had happened to me.  The doctor decided to run a bunch of tests to make sure both the baby and I were ok.  They found blood in my urine, so they decided to do an ultrasound of my kidney and my baby.  Of course, right in the middle of my ultrasound, I had another pain attack.  I had to lay there still on my back in agony for an hour and a half with tears running down my cheeks while she checked to see what was going on.  Though they couldn't see anything, all signs pointed to a kidney stone.  Baby checked out just fine and we got a glimpse of our little bug squirming all around on the monitor.  Because of my pregnancy, they couldn't give me any pain medications or additional imaging without posing some risk to the baby.  That meant that all they could do was send me home with a filter to try and see if I could pass it.  The next night, I caught the teeniest tiniest little speck of sand you could possibly imagine in my filter.  I haven't had any pain since, so I suspect that teeny, tiny speck was the culprit. I can't believe the pain such a little thing can cause.  But, I am so relieved that Baby is ok and that (hopefully) this whole mess is behind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment