Thursday, June 18, 2020

Snakes!




I was walking out to the backyard, doing the quick scan of the window well as I always do since I saw the first snake there 3 years ago, when my heart stopped.  Through the screen I saw a disgusting long noodle body casually draped along the window.  I called Isaac, my normal snake wrangler, but they were out at the lake. I called Steve, but he was not in town.  Eric came home and tried to convince Nolan to go in there and grab it.  Nolan tried so hard to be brave, with his winter mittens on to protect his hands, but the disgusting creature slipped inside a hole and completely disappeared into the window.  At this point, I assumed the snake had somehow made it in to my house, so I got in the car and started driving around town.  Steve and Tom ended up coming and helped us get the screen off to get better access.  Steve got things all set for Eric to take care of the situation the next time it popped out of the hole.  Later that evening, after the kids went to bed, the slippery serpent stuck his head out of that hole for the last time.  Eric was very brave.  

The next morning, I walked past the infamous spot and there was yet ANOTHER snake laying on that window sill.  This one was much smaller, a little red belly, and the Lindners were home for a quick and easy removal.  

These two snakes make numbers six and seven of the snakes I've seen at our house this year!  That's way too many for my liking.  I bought some snake repellent which I plan on sprinkling around the house.  Here's to hoping it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment