Sunday, June 14, 2020

Visit to Eau Claire



Grandma Edie has not been doing that well lately.  She has been very, very weak and recently made the decision to stop her chemo and go onto hospice care.  Due to covid we haven't been traveling, even to Eau Claire, but we thought it would be good if I could pay her a visit.  I went by myself in order to limit exposure risk for the kids.  It ended up being a really nice visit with both Grandma and Grandpa and Mom and Dad.  It was a rare treat for me to have some adult time, especially since the pandemic began.  We spent the whole day with Grandma and Grandpa, talking, helping her with laundry and her bedding, and had a yummy takeout meal from the local burger place.  Grandma was having a good day and was in good spirits.  She was a little less weak now that the chemo had stopped.  I always treasure the time that I get to spend with her.  

Mom and I also got to ride together for the first time since last year.  Since Elliot was really lame, even in the pasture, I asked Annalyse if I could take a spin on Jazz.  I hadn't ridden him before and he can be a little quirky, but I was able to get him going and it was fun and so refreshing to be on the back of a horse again!


No comments:

Post a Comment