Sunday, July 24, 2016

Visiting the Kennedys!

On Friday morning, we began the long five hour drive to our old neck the woods to visit some of our favorite people!  The Kennedys were my first friends when I moved to Long Prairie.  Justin was the band director and he and Crystal were a constant source of support and friendship over the five years I worked there.  Jonas (now age 10!) were a mire one year old when I first met him and he was one of the first babies I ever spent time with. The two of us became buddies and before long, little brothers Wesley and Grant joined the mix to add to the fun!  I love these boys and look forward to any chance I get to see them!  It was even more fun for me this year, because Nolan was old enough to play with them!  

Justin recently got a new boat and we got to take a ride together on their beautiful, quiet lake.
Wesley (7), Nolan (3), and Grant (5)
 The last time we saw Justin and Crystal was while I was still pregnant with Livi.  So, this was the first time they got to meet our sweet new addition.  Grant was particularly smitten with her and could often be found talking to her, tickling her, or kissing her.

Olivia (11 mo)
 All of the Kennedy boys were skilled fishermen, taking after their daddy.  They caught dozens of panfish off the dock, some which were very nice sized.  But this one was so little and Jonas was so cute, that I just couldn't resist snapping a picture.

Jonas (10)

All the kids (and Eric) enjoyed swimming.  It's been really fun this summer watching Nolan get comfortable in the water.  With his life jacket on, he'll doggie paddle almost anywhere!

Eric, Wesley, and Nolan play in the water.
 One of my favorite parts of the weekend was listening to the boys play together.  Here they were having a "party" back in the boys' bedroom.  They brought all sorts of games and danced around and were silly.  They also could be found playing "Mommy and Daddy," among other games.  So cute!

Jonas (10), Wesley (7), Nolan (3), Grant (5)

We also got to take Nolan bowling for the first time ever!   We used a ramp to help him with the ball and had the bumpers up to keep it out of the gutters.  He even got a strike!  (Which upset him because he only got to roll the ball one time that turn...)

Nolan (3), Jonas (10), Olivia (11 mo), Wesley (7), Grant (5)



It was so refreshing to get to spend time with our dear friends and I wish we had more opportunities to see them!  They were friends with us while Eric and I were still dating, watched us get engaged and married, and have a family.  Justin and I experienced the lowest lows and the highest highs of teaching together and I remain thankful that he and Crystal were confidantes and cheerleaders during those times.  It's our goal to continue to get together at least once a year and celebrate our nine years of friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment