Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Decisions, Decisions...

Nolan has been having a slightly harder time with his emotions lately and has been struggling with making even simple decisions.  We think it's probably because he feels my sadness about my grandparents and their recent illness.  The other day it was time for lunch, and he was absolutely paralyzed by the big decision of what to eat.  After an hour and a half of hemming and hawing, he finally said, "Maybe Jesus can help me decide what to have for lunch."

Me: "Ok, good plan."

*Quiet for 1.2 seconds*

Nolan: "I can't hear him."

Me: "Well, sometimes it helps to be still and quiet to listen to him talk to you in your heart."

*Quiet for about 30 seconds*

Nolan: "Jesus said I should have a ham sandwich."

Me: "Ok, great."

*Gets out stuff to make a ham sandwich*

Nolan: "I don't want a ham sandwich."

*Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment