Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Nolan's Winter Concert


Nolan had his very first school concert this past week and he did so well!  He has been practicing his songs for the last few weeks and as long as I didn't make a big deal about it, I got to hear little parts and pieces of "O Come Little Children," "Nice Not Naughty", and "I Want to be an Elf" as he absentmindedly sang them while playing.  What really surprised me about all this was how calm he was about performing in front of hundreds of people.  Nolan, my boy who panicked over sounds, especially singing, and required headphones at church a year ago, was completely cool, calm, and collected about this particular task.  It was quite amazing to see his confidence.  He was the first kid on stage and he marched fearlessly onto the risers holding the hand of his beloved music teacher.  Though his classmate standing next to him bawled the ENTIRE time, Nolan never seemed phased by any of it.  He was also chosen to play the jingle stick for "Nice not Naughty" and every time they sang the word, "naughty," he jingled his little heart out.  He took his job very seriously.  

Grandma Patti, Great Grandma Ruby, Daddy, Livi, and I all came to cheer him on and were so very proud of him.  He is getting so very grown up, which is bittersweet, but I love to see his confidence and bravery.  Great job, buddy!





No comments:

Post a Comment