Monday, December 11, 2017

Preparing for Christmas

Being housebound for a week definitely helped me get going on decorating for Christmas.  It was fun to be in a new house, and find new places for all our special decorations.  We've had a pretty heavy focus on Advent this year, and have been lighting our Advent wreath weekly and the kids have several different daily Advent calendar countdowns.  One that we made at church has little prayers to pull out of an envelope each day.  This one made me laugh because Nolan's prayer was: "Jesus, the best part of today was playing Mario and the worst part of today was pooping my pants. Thank you for being with me in both. Amen."  He was still suffering the effects of the stomach flu, but that prayer was so funny because it reminded me exactly of a prayer his dad would say. ;) A chip off the ole' block.


We decorated two Christmas trees this year - one upstairs and one downstairs.  The kids were good helpers and they really enjoyed looking at the wide array of the different glittery, funny, and homemade ornaments that adorn our trees.  Livi really took a liking to a kitchen ornament and I catch her playing with it constantly.  When I tell her to stop, she makes a ridiculous monster face at me and tells me she's "making breakfast!"

I love having the house all decked out in its Christmas beauty.  There's not much more relaxing than curling up under a blanket and watching a Christmas movie with the soft glow of the Christmas tree lights gleaming nearby.  I love this time of year, especially with how magical it is for my kids.  The big day will be here before we know it!





No comments:

Post a Comment