Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Spring Recital


Monday evening was our Spring Piano Recital.  I still have ten students, which is just the perfect number, and they are such an amazing group of people.  Each one of them have grown immensely over the past six months and I'm so proud of how they've progressed.  For some reason, at this recital, I was a bit more in my head and had the epiphany that everything that these students knew about the piano, I taught them.  As I see them blossoming and navigating different hand positions, pedaling, new key signatures, playing duets, and so many other things, I felt so proud of the hard work and progress we have made together.  I remember back to each of their first few lessons - when they couldn't identify any notes on the page or on the keys, didn't know what a quarter note was, and could barely get their fingers to cooperate.  Looking at all they have learned made me feel like a good teacher and I can't wait to see what they can achieve next.



No comments:

Post a Comment