Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Three and Thirty Four












Olivia,

 My beautiful girl!  I can't believe you're three years old already!  Man, time really flies.  You'll probably understand that more when you get older.  Daddy says you're my mini-me, and I guess in many ways he's right.  You are nurturing and caring and like to look out for your big brother.  You rub my tummy if I have tummy ache and kiss my head if I have an owie.  You love to snuggle and be rubbed, though you are EXTREMELY particular about the manner in which this is done.  "Not like this.  Like this!!"  And you demonstrate how you want it done.  You are very sure of your likes and dislikes.  (Again, like your mother.)  You can also be fiery and tenacious, with a bit of a temper when something makes you angry or frustrated.  I am grateful for this quality in you though, because it will help you stay strong and on course during some of the more difficult times of your life.  You are hilariously weird, and understand the timing of jokes better than most kids your age.  You frequently crack us up with your hilarious antics and your sweet phrases.  

You spent the morning of your birthday at Grandma Patti's house, playing with Nolan and riding bikes.  The rest of the day was pretty low key, since we were doing your big Elsa party on the weekend, but it was a fun day to spend with you.  You were elated to have presents and lit up like a Christmas tree to get your own explorer kit, princess lip gloss and nail polish, and some new jammies.  

Sweet girl, we couldn't possibly love you anymore!  Happy Birthday, sweetheart!

Love, 

Mommy


And just to prove that I did celebrate my birthday too, I went out to lunch at Crimson Café with my sweet friend, Katie to toast to year 34!  Mid-thirties here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment