Monday, August 13, 2018

Week 33: A talent


This is the piano that I grew up learning to play.  It now resides in my house and is used nearly daily by me, my kids, and the many students that come to my house to learn to play.  I began piano lessons when I was in second grade, which was the beginning of a lifelong love of music.  I took lessons through eighth grade, but continued to play all through high school and college, often serving as an accompanist for soloists or for church services.  I improved even more drastically when I began public school teaching, because with 60-70 students in a class, the last thing I needed to be focused on was my piano playing!  Piano has continued to be my bridge into music, even in this crazy Stay-At-Home Mom life.  I play for three church services a month, direct the church choir, and help out with special events like the Christmas program.  I have my own studio of piano students, all of various ages and abilities, that help me feel a sense of purpose and bring in some extra income for our family.  I am so grateful that this talent has been a part of my life for over 25 years and that I have been able to utilize in a plethora of ways throughout the many chapters of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment