Saturday, December 29, 2018

Gathered Around Her Table


My Grandma Edie is an amazing cook.  She has delighted her family and friends with her amazing dishes for decades and we've often mentioned that she should have her own cookbook.  This past year I decided to take on the project, compiling her tastiest concoctions, sweet family pictures, and favorite memories as told by her family into her very own cookbook entitled, "Gathered Around Her Table."  It took months to compile everything and even still, I'm sure I'm missing some, but her famous Caesar Salad, Poppy buns, German Potato Salad, and Cinnamon rolls are all immortalized in her book for the next generations to enjoy.  I gave her a copy of the book for her 83rd birthday this summer, and she decided to gift one to each family for Christmas.  I hope that the book captures her spirit of hospitality and the love shared among the family whenever we gather.  It was an honor to compile it and hope it is a treasured family heirloom for future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment