Saturday, May 30, 2020

Mother-Daughter Date





When life took that unexpected turn in March and school was no longer in person, my sweet girl who was used to having some time with Mom to herself every day was having to share with her brothers.  Some days were especially hard for her and this Saturday happened to be one of them.  We decided to have some special time together, though we had to be a little bit creative.  We picked up our favorite drinks from Briar House and headed down to Boom Lake, where I let her sit in the front seat (parking lot only).  We snuggled up and read all of her new library books we had picked up curbside earlier in the week.  She also wanted to go touch the water, and though it was "shivering cold," we walked to the dock to dip our fingers in.  I loved this special time I got to spend with my amazing girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment