Monday, August 8, 2016

A very special dolly

Olivia received a very special present for her first birthday: a dolly handmade by her Great Great Grandma Lucy.  Grandma Lucy was incredibly crafty, making hundreds of dolls, stuffed animals, and ornaments that she frequently gave away as gifts.  I probably remember her the most vividly of all my great grandparents.  I also feel very fortunate to have been present in her room with her when, surrounded by her family, she took her last breath.  Because of this transformative  experience, I have felt very connected to her, and treasure the remaining handmade gifts I have from her.  We even strongly considered named Olivia, Lucy, in remembrance of her.  I'm so honored that Livi will have this precious keepsake from her strong and beautiful Great Great Grandmother.  




No comments:

Post a Comment