Saturday, August 13, 2016

Downtown Beach Party

The other day, Rhinelander's Downtown hosted a Family Beach Party.  We decided that although it was cold and rainy, we would head down to see what was going on.  All summer the downtown area has been under major construction.  It has been a major pain to get to any of the businesses located there, but the advertisement boasted great sales and activities for the kids.  They had a lot of fun things going on!  They had games, a bouncy castle, and a giant sandbox filled with prizes which Nolan was elated about.  The stores had many discounts and giveaways and I was able to get a free pair of earrings with my purchase at Tricia's Treasures!  I also scored a TON of new music from Northland Music for $1 a piece!  I'm excited for my students to start digging into that! We had a nice lunch at Northern Coffee and headed out just before the raindrops started.  

Oh yeah, we also got interviewed for the newspaper and we made the front page!  It was a fun event - I hope they do it again!




No comments:

Post a Comment