Saturday, August 20, 2016

Summer Days

This summer has both zipped by and felt like an eternity.  It's hard to believe that just two months ago I was in Europe on my amazing 3 generation trip.  It's also crazy to think that it is almost September and that in a few short weeks the days will turn cold and the leaves will be changing.  The days are long, but time goes fast!  

I must admit there's a part of me that is excited for summer to end and to be back in our normal routine.  My lessons have been sporadic at best the past few months, and I'm anxious to see my students more regularly and just have some more predictability.  

But, it has been a great summer - full of fun, friends, and the outdoors.  Here a few more pictures of our summer adventures.


Her smile melts my heart.


Look at the rainbow as buddy runs through the sprinkler!

Add caption

Both kids have really enjoyed the sandbox this year.  Miles is always nearby, keeping watch.

Oh, does he love her!

And these two are such good buds.

Livi really loved her little pool this summer!

I picked up this Little Tikes washer, dryer, and ironing board at a Thrift Sale for $2.  It's a hit! Nolan loves to "wash" Daddy's old work shirts.  He'll be helping with our actual laundry soon! (Yeah, right...)

Who knew doing the laundry would be so fun?

Cassidy desperately wanted to come over on a day with no big sister, so she could have all of Olivia's attention.  She and Isaac came to spend an afternoon with us and enjoyed splashing around outside with us.


Grandpa Steve built a sandbox at his house for the kids.  Both of them love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment