Friday, August 5, 2016

Oneida County Fair

On Friday we headed over to Pioneer Park for our annual trip to the Oneida County Fair.  Nolan was really excited about it this year and was really brave about wanting to try a bunch of the different rides!  Our first stop was the Berry Go Round, where Great Grandma Ruby eagerly volunteered to take Nolan for a spin.  He loved it and the looks of things, Grandma was having to keep him in check as he wanted to spin the heck out of that berry.



After tackling the giant slide with Grandpa Steve, Nolan really wanted to try the kiddie coaster.  I was a bit apprehensive, noting how loud it was, but I didn't want to discourage his enthusiasm and bravery.  He got right in the car and eagerly awaited the ride to start.  The second it took off, his face changed.  He was terrified, but he held it together.  It was hard to me to watch him be scared and not be able to get to him, but I was really proud of how well he handled a scary situation.  After he got off, he said he didn't like it, but was willing to try a different ride.  This was such a different Nolan from the fair last year, who didn't want to try anything!


Next we headed over to the Thomas the Train ride, which seemed pretty lame in comparison.  But, it boosted his confidence and he had fun ringing the bell.



The last ride of the night was this spinning thing that he LOVED.  He spun the center wheel all by himself and was actually the only person on the ride!  I couldn't believe how brave he was and it made me so proud of him.  My baby boy is growing up!


Olivia was a good sport while her brother went on all the rides.  It won't be long before she'll be ready to join in the fun!  And I would predict that she'll be pretty fearless!


On our way out we stopped by to see all the animals.  They really cut back this year and there was only one small tent with a few llamas, goats, and bunnies.  Nolan got a kick out of the goats, but there was a big old llama who hated me.  He kept glaring at me and staring me down with his big snaggletooth hanging out the side of his mouth.  He was disgusting.  

My nemesis.

It was really fun to see the changes in our big boy since last summer.  He is getting braver and has so much more confidence in himself than last year.  I'm so proud of my sweet Nolan and am excited for all the new adventures ahead!




No comments:

Post a Comment