Thursday, May 11, 2017

baseball with GG

Great Grandma Ruby has been wanting to play baseball with Nolan all spring.  Yesterday she brought her ball and bat and decided to try to teach Nolan in the backyard.  Since he's only four, I had to help him a little bit, but with my help he was able to hit the ball.  

Grandma Ruby is 87 years old.  It just astounds me at how young and able she is.  I love that she has a special relationship with my kids and makes time to do fun things with them.  Not many kids can say they got to play baseball with their great grandma!  They are lucky!  She is frugal, opinionated, but most of all generous with her time and her love. She cracks me up when she gets a bee in her bonnet about something - she is well informed and sharp as a tack.  She spends the majority of her time caring and volunteering for others.  I admire her very much and I'm glad my kids have these precious memories with her.  




No comments:

Post a Comment