Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day

This year we spent Mother's Day in Rhinelander.  I woke before dawn and despite my tossing and turning, I could NOT get back to sleep.  So I waited until about 5:15, when I knew Nolan would be up for the day, and headed upstairs to wake up Eric so he could set up my Lego Harry Potter Playstation game for me. He was thrilled....but despite the early wake up call, he still made me biscuits and chicken sausage gravy for breakfast - one of my favorites that I can rarely eat anymore because of my allergy to pork.  After breakfast, Eric surprised me with the three books that one of our favorite shows, "Call the Midwife," is based on.  I'm looking forward to reading them!  

Patti thought it would be fun for me to get out of the house for a while without the kids, so instead of a big family brunch, we decided that just the two of us would out for lunch together.  We went to the Crimson Cafe and had a delicious meal, good conversation, and even did a little shopping.  

After lunch, we decided to enjoy the sunshine a bit and head out on the first boat ride of the year.  It was beautiful weather, and the kids were so much easier than last year.  Both were content to sit and eat snacks, making it relaxing for all of us!  

I am so very grateful to be surrounded by strong women who are beautiful examples of motherhood.  My own mother has such a kind and generous heart and cares so deeply for others.  She is a beautiful example to me of strength and grace.  I so feel fortunate to be her child. 

I also feel so very blessed to have found a friend and confidant in my mother-in-law, Patti.  She brings a sense of calm and encouragement to my life.  I am grateful for the many ways she blesses our family.

I celebrate the grandmothers in our family - Edie, Carol, Vivian, and Ruby - who are pillars of faith and love and examples for us all.  

And to my beautiful babies - you fill our home with love, noise, laughter, wildness, and so much joy. You are the greatest blessings in my life.  Thank you for making me a mom! 






No comments:

Post a Comment