Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Mommy Medicine


In the past six weeks, we have dealt with two rounds of croup, multiple colds, and two separate ear infections.  We have been to the doctor six times.  Needless to say, when Nolan woke up with an earache this morning, it was all I could do to keep from crying along with him.  This winter has been long and brutal and I am so ready to be done with sickness.  It's hard to be a mom with sick kids.  Being homebound for weeks on end, wiping noses for what seems like hundreds of times a day, sitting in the steam while your kid coughs, dosing out medicine, and watching them feel miserable makes for long, hard days.

Things turned around later that day when a small act of kindness by one of my best friends overwhelmed me.  Katie stopped by with a delicious and oh-so-decadent turtle cupcake that she brought just for me as some Mommy Medicine.  She knew (because she's been there, too!) just how weary my heart was feeling from all this sickness and cold, and that nothing fixes that better than some chocolate and the love of a friend!  Instead of feeling sorry for myself, I felt overwhelmed with gratitude.  How blessed am I to have this amazing friend in my corner who knows when I need a little pick-me-up?!

No comments:

Post a Comment