Monday, June 23, 2014

Minneapolis getaway





For Christmas this year, Eric got me tickets to a Martin Sexton concert and a hotel stay in Minneapolis.  Unfortunately when he bought these, he didn't know that I would be recovering from mono or that we would have a brand new puppy.  Luckily for us, my parents offered to take both Nolan and Miles for the long weekend.  We left for Eau Claire on Friday morning.  We dropped Nolan and Miles off with Grandma and Grandpa and headed onward to Minneapolis to get checked into our hotel.  We decided to head out for Happy Hour and went to Masa, a upscale Mexican restaurant on Nicolet Mall.  We had awesome food and drinks and a wonderful relaxing time.  After our early dinner, we went back to the hotel so I could nap for a bit before our Martin Sexton concert.  It was a good thing I got some rest because our concert ended up starting an hour late because Martin was busy greeting all his fans. 
It was an AMAZING concert.  He is just a wonderfully talented musician and we had a blast.  The next morning Eric and I slept in (which NEVER happens!) and walked down to Panera for a leisurely breakfast.  We strolled Nicolet Mall for a bit and got packed up to meet our dear friend, Brigid for lunch at a favorite Thai restaurant.  After that we headed over to the Mode's house to meet their baby, Ada.  She is just a doll and it was so fun to get to see our old friends. 

Part of my Christmas present also included a meal at our all-time favorite Minneapolis restaurant - Solera.  Our dinner was fabulous.  We had various Spanish tapas including quail, scallops (my favorite!) and anchovies.  It was such a treat!

By Sunday morning I was anxious to get back to my babies, so after a quick Caribou coffee, we headed back for Eau Claire.  They had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa! Nolan had yummy spaghetti for supper!

 And he got to go shopping at Gander Mountain with Grandpa. 



And Miles even helped Grandma with her homework!

It was such a great weekend, made even better by knowing my little ones were in great hands.  




No comments:

Post a Comment