Monday, June 23, 2014

Mono and Miles

In mid-March I started to have headaches.  Well, not just headaches.  Mind numbing, excruciatingly painful, can't move kind of headaches.  I thought I was just out of whack, and needed an adjustment or something, but then the fever came.  I ended up in the ER with a 103 degree fever and a headache that was so bad I couldn't move.  They gorked me up on pain meds and ran some tests....I had mono.  How a 30 year old stay-at-home mom ended up with mono is simply beyond me.  I was not able to care for Nolan because I hurt so terribly, so Eric ended up having to stay home from work for over a week. It was awful. 

 In the midst of all this, Miles turned 8 weeks old and was ready to come home. Fortunately, his breeder offered to keep him for an extra week to give me a little extra time to recover.  When the weekend came to go get him, Nolan stayed at Grandma and Grandpa Ory's house, while Eric and I made the road trip down to New Lisbon.  Miles was one of only two puppies left to be picked up.  We got to meet his mom, Jade, as well as his dad, Cody, who was just huge.  Peggy said that Miles was one of the biggest puppies in the litter!  Here is the beaming new dog mom with little Miles on the car ride home:
 
When we got back into town, we went straight to the Ory's house to pick up Nolan and ended up staying there for dinner. 
 
Nolan was unsure of what to think about Miles at first.  "Hello, puppy!"
 
Miles was a super cuddly little guy and was happiest on my lap. 
We set up a little playpen for him with all of his toys.  He hated it.  He howled and cried and within 10 minutes had figured out how to scale the walls and escape. 

Let the puppy training begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment