Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year, New Challenge!

Happy New Year!  It's hard to believe it's 2018 - feels like 2000 was not that long ago!  I guess this fits into the cliché of time going by even faster as you get older.  Our past year brought us many blessings and some excitement as we moved to our new neighborhood and Nolan began school.  It also brought us some heartbreak, as we received news of Grandma Edie's cancer diagnosis and Grandpa Ralph's deteriorating health.  We look forward to the rejuvenation that a new year brings and can't wait to see what blessings and challenges are in store for our family.

One of the most exciting challenges of the new year is learning to use my new camera.  I'm hoping to learn some of the very basics to improve the quality of the pictures in my blog book.  I decided to aim for a weekly photo challenge in order to make sure I'm practicing and taking pictures regularly.  This will force me to learn new techniques and challenge me to think creatively.  So far, it's a bit overwhelming.  There are so many things to think about!  It has also been hard because so far with the bitter cold we've had lately, I've only been taking pictures indoors.  Artificial light just doesn't photograph like natural outdoor light.  I'm hoping over the course of this year, I will get better and better!  Practice makes perfect, after all.




No comments:

Post a Comment