Monday, January 22, 2018

Week 3: My Favorite



Those that know me well are aware of the few special things that make me tick.  Chocolate, my kids, chocolate, riding my horse, chocolate, music, chocolate, and...did I mention chocolate?  My husband has been known to go on late night chocolate runs for me when the chocolate frenzy gets intense and there's none in the house.  This week, I made one of my favorite chocolatey treats: Aunt Jackie's Chocolate Chip Cookies.  They are perfectly soft and gooey and so delicious.  Here's the recipe!

Aunt Jackie's Chocolate Chip Cookies


2/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups + up to 1 more cup flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate pieces

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 

Mix thoroughly shortening, butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.

Stir in remaining ingredients.  (For a softer, rounder cookie use the 1/2-1 cup more flour)

Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.

Bake 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment