Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Week One: Who Am I?


My first theme in my weekly photo challenge was about who I am.  I've been seriously laboring over what in the world I was going to photograph that was going to completely sum up who I am.  The obvious answer is that one photo is not going to accurately describe all of the things that make me who I am.  But, these two beauties are probably the best bet.  Since Nolan was born five years ago, I have immersed myself in motherhood, letting the many other facets of 'me' take a backseat for a while.  Though being a mom certainly has its challenges, especially when being home with them all day long, I have found the time spent with my babies to be some of the most precious, fulfilling, and rewarding moments of my life.  Throughout my journey of motherhood, I have discovered many things about myself.  Here's what I've come up with so far: I am kind.  I am thoughtful.  I am generous and compassionate.  I am musical.  I am creative.  I am strong, courageous, and confident.  I am sensitive and tender-hearted.  Pain in others becomes my own.  I am nurturing.  I love animals.  I am faithful.  I am determined, tenacious, and occasionally sharp-tongued.  I am a teacher.  I am practical and logical.  I am resilient.  

My babies have taught me so much about myself and who I want to be.  They are the things in my life of which I am most proud.  And because of all they've taught me and the sheer fact that I spend most of my waking hours in the company of these two beautiful souls, they get to be the "poster children" for my Who Am I photo challenge.  

No comments:

Post a Comment