Monday, May 24, 2021

Reunited!



Brigid has been my best friend since I entered college in 2002.  For the past nineteen years, we have relied on each other, supported each other, and laughed together as we've navigated the different chapters of our lives.  This latest chapter has been hard.  I had not seen my best friend for one year and four months due to Covid-19.  We texted each other, talked on the phone, and did the occasional video chat, but I missed being able to talk with my friend, see her face, give her a hug, and laugh together.  This pandemic has taken so much from us.

Thankfully, we got our vaccinations and one of the very first things on the to-do list was reconnect with my best friend.  She came to Eau Claire for the weekend and we were all overjoyed to see one of our favorite people.  She and I even got to go to a restaurant (my first one since the start of the pandemic!) for lunch together.  I am so thankful for the miracle of vaccines to make it so I could spend time with my dear friend once again.  Let us hope that we will NEVER have to spend that long in between our visits again!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment