Sunday, October 9, 2016

Caramel Apple Disaster

Yesterday afternoon I thought it would be fun to make some caramel apples with Nolan while we were at the cabin.  He diligently helped peel the wrappers off the caramels while I got the apples ready.  When the caramel was ready, I dipped the first apple and went to finish it off in the toffee bits.  As I was moving it across the counter, the scalding hot caramel dripped onto Nolan's hand and gave him a terrible, terrible burn.  His poor skin bubbled up instantly and while I frantically tried to pull the caramel off, some of the skin came with it.  We quickly got some cool washcloths on it and after some love from mama and a juice box, he was ready to head back outside to help Uncle Tom with his deer stand.  I bandaged it up when we got home and didn't seem to cause him too much pain.  It's looking better today and hopefully little buddy will be all better soon.  Such a brave, brave guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment