Thursday, August 31, 2017

Back to School Party





Moving to our new neighborhood has been one of the best things we could ever have done for our family.  Our lives feel rich with the support and fun of our friends and neighbors, and I couldn't be happier that our kids have the joy of growing up with neighborhood friends.  It has been the best part of the summer watching the kids race their bikes, play "Odd Squad School," and be superheroes.  To celebrate to end of the summer, we decided to throw them a Back to School party. 

Katie made them adorable party hats, I pulled out some party decorations, and we all had a nice time making our own tasty pizzas. 










We also had each kid make their own ice cream sundae.  My son got everybody screaming with "I scream for ice cream!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!" (Thanks for teaching him that one, Grandpa Jim.) Zeekie said, "This ice cream is so good it's taking me right up to heaven" and he stood up on his chair.  Clearly, the ice cream treats were a hit.  We had one tuckered out boy by the end of the party, but I'm so glad for the opportunities that come along to make memories with dear friends. 













No comments:

Post a Comment