Monday, August 7, 2017

birthday girl(s)


Today was the second birthday I got to spend with my little Lu Bear, and I must say that birthdays just feel more special with her here.  We started the morning with a special treat: our good friend, Katie, brought us birthday donuts! 

Sad that I made her wait to eat them while we sang "Happy Birthday"
Eric surprised me at lunch with some gorgeous flowers (arranged by Sandy, of course) and a cool arrow hook that I'm going to hang in our bedroom.   The Lindners came over later in the afternoon and played with the kids, while Katie and I got to have some kid-free talking time.  They brought me a cool letter board and  Livi a sweet little puppy that barks.  More phone calls and cards arrived in the mail, and all in all, I felt very loved on my special day.

Livi was so cute because this was the first time she really seemed to understand birthdays.  Every time anyone mentioned the word birthday, she got a big grin and said, "Birthday cake."  Later that night when it was time to open presents, she kept chanting, "presents!" over and over.  I love how excited she was.  Nolan picked out a Minnie Mouse remote control car for her, which she thought was hilarious.  Eric and I gave her her very own bike!  She was so excited to bike with Nolan in the driveway that night.  I can't believe how big my little peanut is getting!  Happy Birthday, sweet birthday buddy!




No comments:

Post a Comment