Thursday, August 3, 2017

dresser makeover



One of the first projects I tackled after moving to the new house was refinishing this dresser for Nolan.  I found it at the Habitat for Humanity Thrift Store with all but two drawers and the front already stripped and sanded.  I tried Citristrip this time instead of the regular caustic stripper I normally use.  It was nice to not have such horrible fumes while working in the garage, and I think it worked as well.


Once the old varnish was all off, I used a wood revitalizer oil to condition it and sealed it with beeswax.  Overall it turned out pretty well - it's nice to have a solid wood dresser and the drawers slide beautifully.  Plus I had the cutest helper...(I told him he needed to wear pants and he couldn't find any so he improvised.)

No comments:

Post a Comment